Skip to main content

toddler.nursery.



After spending a bit to make sure my toddler's room was up to par on decorations I wasn't ready to can the whole idea after getting to the new house. I'm planning on painting the new toddler room the same or similar color and putting up the same art work and curtains. This one will be simple save for painting. Oh how I've come to loathe painting. Perhaps it's the crappy coverage low VOC paints that make me miserable but I know our air quality is somewhat improved over the other stuff.


The new nursery has presented some challenges, namely that we aren't 100% sure that the new occupant will be female. We aren't sure whether the toddler will outgrow the crib by the time the newbie arrives. Not wanting to do the same old neutral color scheme again I found a great blog that manages to add color and a bit of modern sophistication to their nursery. That and if the newbie turns out to be a boy it would be just a matter of changing bedding and wall art. Anyway this I purchased as inspiration for the new room.                                       


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the.new.house.

It's a funny story about how we found the new house. I adore cyber house hunting and stumbled across this gem a few months before we became serious about moving. The home was perfect: 4 bedroom plus a bonus room, 2 car garage, 2 living spaces, a rec room, and most importantly backing to open space. Early on we decided that having a private back yard was the most important aspect in a new home. After this requirement we knew we needed 4 bedrooms (or 3 and an office space), a 2 car garage at least, and a basement.  We toured approximately 8 homes (only 4 with our realtor) before we knew we needed to put in an offer or we'd lose the home I so desperately wanted.  So far things are good. I haven't started counting all my chickens just yet, there could still be some hiccups along the way. Here's a sneak peak. It's a huge reason we bought the house.

flooring.

The new house has laminate flooring installed on the main and basement floors. I'm not opposed to laminate but the laminate in the house looks cheap. We installed laminate in our current home in a cherry color and it looks much more rich and less like laminate. Not wanting to do the laminate thing again we are opting for wood floors. We're pretty sure we'll be doing the new flooring within a short amount of time after moving in. Just the other day I came across another flooring option. Not wood and not laminate. Something supposedly more durable, water proof, and less expensive than wood. Reviews are decent for this new product and we're intrigued. I'm leery of this new product since we thought laminate was more durable than wood. I'm also afraid the look won't look like wood. It's vinyl plank flooring. The product we've heard rave reviews on is by Traffic Master called Allure. We'd like the wood installed in the bathrooms but we're wor...

It's been a long time

It's been a long time since I updated. In the past 8 months or so we've settled into our new home, welcomed a new baby, and survived the first few months with two young kiddos. We've made some small progress at changing the home, nothing major though. I think the biggest and still on going project has been painting. I knocked out the most needed painting before the baby arrived. Now I cannot seem to find the time or energy to finish up the smaller areas (master bath, kids bath, and guest room). I have paint purchased for at least two of the spaces.